Foster ATX & Made In Present: soil, night i
Time & Location
About the Event
Foster ATX and Made In present Soil — a seed to pop-up dinner, in collaboration with Urban American Farmer. Soil is rooted in imaging a future full of food that inspires, excites, entices, and nourishes all the senses. We believe that when we build real relationships with the people who grow our food, when we support them and encourage them, when we spend time with our hands in their soil, we can re-discover lost heirloom varieties, and create the heirloom varieties of our future.
The evening will feature a 6-course dinner crafted by 6 chefs — 3 local and 3 visiting — Fall Creek wine pairings, conversations with featured speakers who are food innovators in their communities and Desert Door cocktails. The menu is inspired by the planting of the Badger Flame Beet seed — which was planted in October at Urban Roots Farm in an effort to introduce Austin to a beautiful new product — and will be woven throughout each course.
- Cara Stadler of Portland, Maine — Lio Restaurant, Bao Bao Dumpling House, Tao Yuan, Canopy Farm.
- Gabe Erales of Austin, Texas — Executive Chef of Comedor
- Matt McAllister of Dallas, Texas — Executive Chef and owner Homewood
- Todd Duplechon of Austin, Texas — Executive Chef and owner of Lenoir
- Chris Shepard of Houston, Texas — Executive Chef and owner of UB Preserve, One Fifth, and Georgia Steak
- Philip Speer of Austin, Texas — Pastry Chef and Owner of Comedor
- Francisco Musi of Mexico, City, MX — Tamoa
- Charlotte Langley of Toronto, Canada — Scout Canning
- Rich Shih — Our Cook Quest, author of Koji Alchemy